Monday, December 16, 2013

2013 Roundup... In Pictures...

As we come to a close of yet another year that seemed to just fly by so fast I wanted to take some time to sit down to reflect and say thank you.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank each and every one of you who has enabled me to live my dream. To allow me to wake up every day and be excited for what the day holds rather than trudge into work like a robot. To allow me to be living proof that if you believe in something enough, you can make it happen - that you don't need qualifications but rather experience and passion to make it. Because of you and your support I am able to create, dream, inspire and travel the world.

Three and a half years ago when I quit my job, I sat at home by myself for the first month, scared pooless about what was going to become of my future. To be honest with you, I didn't really have a plan. I just had a big picture in my mind - one where I get to create awesome cakes every day and where someone would actually pay me to do that. I never knew I would one day be not only creating awesome cakes but also getting to travel around the world to do so. It's something I will eternally be grateful for.

This year has been another big year of learning for me as my business focus shifted and I found myself entering uncharted territory. Some mistakes were made, lessons learnt, boundaries pushed and wonderful friends made.

To my friends, family and assistants who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to help me, know that I would not be sitting here in a hotel in New York if it were not for you. To my other half Nick, I really would not be anywhere without your love and encouragement. Thank you for pushing me along when I fall and flying with me when I soar.

And finally, my biggest thank you is for all the hosts who took a chance on me and the students who travelled to class from near and far. I hear your stories of how you drove, flew, took the bus/ train for hours on end just to come to class and I am beyond touched by your determination. I still amazes me and I am so, so thankful for all of you. Thank you for believing in me and my work. I would not have a job if it was not for you. I enjoyed meeting all of you and I wish you all the best with your hobbies and/ or businesses. I do hope that those looking to start their business find the courage to do it. Don't be scared! Be strong, be confident and really, what is the worst that could happen? You'll just be scared pooless like I was :)

So lets go back to the beginning of 2013 and follow through what was an amazingly crazy year for me.


This design started 2013 and turned into something really crazy for me - January 2013

Nick's Birthday Cake - January 2013 (tutorial available at my online store if you are interested)

Colleen's baby shower - February 2013

Moved out of my city apartment and into something with a little more space - March 2013

Travelled to Florida to visit Giovanna from Sugar Art Studio to learn her amazing sugar flowers and mermaid. She is one amazingly talented lady! - March 2013

Filmed with Craftsy! - April 2013

 
London, UK! - May 2013


Dublin, Ireland - May 2013


Madrid, Spain - May 2013


Pontevedra, Spain - June 2013


Singapore - June 2013


Jakarta, Indonesia - July 2013


Jakarta, Indonesia - July 2013


KL, Malaysia - July 2013


First milk jug class in Sydney - August 2013


Kelvin Chua comes to teach :) - September 2013

Melbourne, Australia - September 2013

San Francisco, USA - October 2013

San Francisco, USA - October 2013

Adelaide, Australia - November 2013

London, UK - November 2013

London, UK - November 2013

New York, USA - December 2013

Thank you for taking this journey with me and I look forward to many more exciting adventures with you in 2014 :)

2 comments:

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Wow what an incredible year you've had. Those milk jug cakes look amazing!

Riya said...

You have been a great inspirator to me. Thanks for sharing your idea.

http://www.sweetstoyou.com/cake-decoration.html

Stuff you might also like...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin