Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

I have finally reached the light at the end of the wedding season tunnel. To be honest there was times in the last couple of months where I wondered if I would ever get out of the tunnel alive. Ok, so I may be exaggerating a little but there have been a few stressful times.

This season, coupled with teaching, has got to be my busiest season ever. And at the peak, I had 7 wedding cakes and 50 wedding cupcakes booked in one week. It may not be much to some people, but for little ol' me and 2 part time assistants, it was A LOT.

Our to do list didn't seem too hard...

We worked all day and even after they went home, I was still working until 10pm each night. And even then, I just managed to get everything finished on time. Anyways, so last week I decided to take it slow and chill out a little before my big teaching adventure and took the girls out to lunch and generally caught up on all my necessary paper work and admin. So for now that's enough typing from me, here is a picture recap of the last two weeks :)

 Ganached cakes.

And more...

And even more!

That Tuesday also happened to be Melbourne Cup day so the girls - Joanna and Tatiana also brought some snacks and together with the nation we all stopped to watch the races :)

Some of the finished cakes...





Finally, the insane week was over and we all got to sit down and enjoy a team lunch at Baroque.

And we also managed to squeeze in some ribbon shopping. Can you tell I have OCD? I had to fit all my new ribbon in with my old ones in colour order when I got home :)


So here's to the end of wedding season for 2012 and the start of a crazy teaching month in Singapore, Jakarta and KL! See you at end of the teaching tunnel :)

4 comments:

Fabelicious said...

It's nice to have slow moments too to rest, recuperate and recharge. You deserve it after making all these wonderful creations!

sinsationscakes said...

Yay Sharon!
I'm looking forward to the class and to meeting you tomorrow!
Radhika

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

I'm so amazed at your energy and dedication...and the gorgeous creations you come up with, despite all the craziness!

Asma said...

Beautiful photos, goregous cakes and I love your writing. New fanboy here!

Stuff you might also like...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin