Wednesday, November 28, 2012

French Earl Grey Tea Butter Cookie Recipe

Guess what today is? My first day off after 7 straight days of teaching in Singapore = a sleep in and some time to update my blog!

I made these cookies awhile ago as little gifts for some of my friends (aka my test subjects) and they all said it was yummy (unless they were just being nice!).  T2's French Earl Grey Tea is one of my all time favorites and I have not met anyone who did not like it.


T2 recently came out with a earl grey tea cookie range but I found there was not much earl grey flavour in it so I thought I'd try to make them myself with my favourite bend of tea. These might make a nice little holiday gift and they are so easy to make. You can make them in advance and keep them in your freezer until you want to eat them. Be warned they are really addictive :( I think I ate like 5 in a row.

I'm no graphic designer, but I also put together a little recipe template you can print and attach with your cookies if you are gifting them :)


You can also replace the french earl grey leaves with any other leaves you like. The french earl grey is quite sweet and floral, so if you are using a bitter tea try to reduce the amount of tea leaves.

And if you prefer a text version of the recipe, here it is:

French Earl Grey Tea Butter Cookie Recipe


(Makes approx 50 - 60 small cookies)

225 g unsalted butter
170 ml granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Table Spoon vanilla bean paste
1 egg
470 g all-purpose flour
20 g French Earl Grey loose tea leaves

Directions:

- Beat the tea leaves, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla together until smooth and creamy.

- Add in the egg and mix until well incorporated.

- Then add the flour and mix well.

- Turn the dough out into a lightly floured surface and knead until well combined.

- Split the dough into 4 parts and roll into a log and wrap in cling wrap.

- Freeze for a couple of hours, unwrap and cut into slices. Bake at 180 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes or until lightly golden.

Original recipe adapted from here.

Enjoy! :)

5 comments:

sinsationscakes said...

Hi Sharon,
Hope you caught up on sleep after all those long days of teaching.
Just wanted to say a heartfelt "Thank you" for the classes. I learned a lot in these 5 days. You are a patient and considerate teacher :)
Radhika

Dahlia's Day Wedding Blog said...

A well-deserved pot of tea for you (and a great recipe for us!)...after all those baking classes. Enjoy!

Caca said...

love the strong tea flavour cookies

jelly andrews said...

This recipe seems great. Oh! I love to give this idea a try. I am glad you shared this one. Thanks!

mae anderson said...

Even I am not really into baking, I will surely try this recipe. It looks so delicious. Oh! I love it.

Stuff you might also like...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin