Friday, December 2, 2011

Penguin Obsession

As Christmas gets closer, I imagine families snuggling up by the fire, setting up their trees, rushing around like mad to buy presents and catching up with friends and families before the year comes to an end. Here in Sydney, it just gets hotter. Christmas and New Years is associated with the beach and summer and even though I have not had a white Christmas in the last 10 years, all I can think about when the holiday season rolls around is snow and all things cold.

I've recently been inspired by the penguins in David Attenborough's Frozen Planet. I love how they huddle around in a big mass, the super cute way they waddle around and how their arms are so much smaller than their bodies... but most of all I just love their general silly nature. I really wanted to make one out of cake! So to continue with my new penguin obsession, I watched Happy Feet to better understand the movement of these cute little penguins so I could give my cake some sort of personality.

Made to look like Mumble :) I just want to give him a hug!

Look at his cute little tail!

Happy Holidays Everyone! 
Thank you for your continued support, kind words and encouragement this year. May you be filled with lots of cheer, happiness and yummy food this season :)


2 comments:

Spencer said...

What an awesome creation! Almost too good to eat though.

Samantha Veremeenco said...

id like to make one for my lo first bday , could you please share with me how you did it ? thank you

Stuff you might also like...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin