Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Start your cake engines…

Exactly what goes into making a car cake?

A lot of ratios! Numbers and maths are not my thing, that's why I like making colourful, pretty cakes :)



Pictures of all angles of the car - to make sure that everything is in proportion. I can't express myself very well mathematically, so as you can see there are also random numbers scribbled all over the place.

The numbers side of my brain finally got its act together and together with its creative partner (who spent a good 6 hours hand painting the designs on the car) created a car that was ready to race!

Broom Broom!

5 comments:

Jennifer Richins said...

You did an amazing job on the car cake. I can't imagine how difficult that would be and it looks perfect.

chocswirl said...

That's such an awesome cake! I've been thinking about making a car cake for a friend but I've been putting it off! I'm inspired now, thanks!:)

Sharon said...

Thanks Jennifer! It took forever to measure every single thing and then try and work out the ratio of it!

Chocswirl, good luck with your cake, let me know how it goes :)

Shamsun & Najma said...

oh wow how impressive, someone else to aspire to, i am just starting out in my baking, i wanna be as good as you hopefully one day....miracles can happen. please come and visit my blog www.constellationcreations.blogspot.com
it is a joint venture of edible art, me with my baking and my friend with her fruit carving!

Shamsun & Najma said...

how can i follow yiour blog?
najma

Stuff you might also like...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin