Thursday, June 18, 2009

Turning an Idea into Sugar Reality

It's been busy for me recently... both at work and in the kitchen. I've been trying to find some sort of balance but also trying to get everything done. At the beginning of the week, I know most people think 'urgh it's only Tuesday' but for me, recently it's been 'oh crap! It's already Tuesday!!' But on the plus side, the weekends do come so much faster :)

I haven't had time to reply but I want to take this time to thank everyone for commenting on the blog, it's so nice to hear from all of you and your encouraging words really motivate me to keep exploring all my ideas and turning them into sugar reality :)

On the topic of sugar realitites, I got inspired to make a tree shaped cake when I saw lots of round shaped flower covered trees in one of the boyfriend's computer game. They were so cute I had to do something with the idea. So although I made it all out of foam, I think it would be so cool as cake, imagine cutting into this:


The enchanted tree with lots of fun things!

The little birdie on top...

My favourite little bunny.

He's stuck!

7 comments:

Kat said...

thats gorgeous! how would you support the top of the tree if you made it out of cake? I'm new to this whole cake decorating thing but I am keen to learn.

Rose said...

Wow that is absolutely amazing! you must have so much patientce to be able to make such a masterpiece. Ive never seen one like it before, its just adorable.

Rose

Ray Ray said...

Absolutely adorable! I would be completely impressed if you pull that off in cake...I'm sure it can be done...interested on finding out how if you do!

apparentlyjessy said...

Wow, I am really impressed with your design and skills with this gorgeous tree! I imagine it would be hard to make out of cake and keep upright, unless maybe the base was cake and the top remained foam...
I adore the little bunny and birdie, so cute!

Cupcakes for Poppy said...

Sharon, this is just amazing!!!! Wow, This is a very impressive idea. I guess you would just have to support the top with some dowels through the trunk??? Would love to hear what you are thinking??

Sharon said...

Thank you everyone! :) As for the questions on how I would make it if it was cake, I would make the base/trunk wider and like Cupcakes for Poppy said, stick dowels and skewers all the way down the trunk. And then make a ball cake for the top, put it on a foam board base and then make sure that when I place the top of the tree on the trunk, the skewers will go through the foam board and hold it in place. I'd have to assemble on location of course ;)

Jessie, the bunny is my favourite too!

Christina said...

this is adorable!

Stuff you might also like...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin