Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Beep Beep Birthday

It was my birthday last week. When I was younger, I used to look forward to my birthday and count down the days till it was my special day and I got to do anything I wanted (within reason!) and it always seem to take aaaaages to come around.

But now that I am older, each birthday seems to come around quicker and quicker. I have come to accept that I am 'growing older' and that I have to be mature and knowledgeable about certain things in life, but I still feel like I am so clueless about so many things! There are so many things I want to learn, do and accomplish, but I feel like I am running out of time. Someone needs to tell this time-person to slow down for a bit :P

In case you are wondering, I did make myself a cake :) This is the first time, previously the boyfriend has always baked me a cake. A couple of my friends could not believe I made my own cake... "you can't make your own cake!"

The boyfriend did bake it, I just sculpted it. So technically, I only made half of my birthday cake ;) The VW Beetle is on my 'list of things I would buy if I won the lottery', so since I have not won the lottery, I did the next best thing... I made a VW cake.

Beep Beep


We went to The Sugar Room at Pyrmont for dinner and brought the cake along... The food was delicious and the service was really good. Luckily, they cut the cake up for us and plated it... I don't think I could have brought myself to cut the cake (I've never had to cut one of my own cakes before!).

White chocolate mud cake with raspberry white chocolate ganache... Served with really yummy vanilla ice cream.

The boyfriend also got me the creation kit from Red Spoon Company and the Dessert FourPlay book by Johnny Iuzzini. I've been intrigued with molecular gastronomy since trying to find a way to make sweet sushi roe, so I'm glad i now can finally play with it for real. The book isn't here yet and I hear it's got some recipes that require ingredients from my creation kit so I can't wait :)

7 comments:

Rose said...

Happy Birthday! I love your beep beep cake :)

FFichiban said...

Happy belated Bday!! Oohh bumblebee hee hee go VW beep beep ^^!

caronae said...

Happy birthday. Such a pretty and yummy looking cake!

Risa said...

Happy Birthday! Your cake is adorable!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday sharonwee :)
i love your VW beep bettle bday cake... may aLL your lovely wisheS comE truE =D
xiaomomo /^.^\

cake2cake said...

Happy belated Birthday Sharon! Adorable cake!

AdrianT said...

Happy belated Birthday..i love your beep beep car...Can share your yummy cake recipe...:)

regards
evon

Stuff you might also like...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin